We are coming down to the wire with our move. Our current house is in a constant state of “wreck” and I can’t seem to find anything when I need it. The kids are anxious about what this all means. Tension is rather high around here. But, when I sit still long enough, I can’t help but think about the wonderful things the new house has to offer…
1. The acre of land – what a wonderful place for the kids to run. Camp outs and parties and sitting on the porch while the sun comes up.
2. The big kitchen – enough room for dishes and cooking and an actual pantry cupboard.
3. The dining room – An actual dining room for Thanksgiving and Christmas and just regular family meals.
4. The office (with a door) – enough said!
5. The wood burning stove – to sit next to and knit during cold winter nights
6. The big bedroom for the kids – with enough room for all the toys.
7. The storage – real, honest to goodness closets and cupboards for all our “stuff”.
8. The shed and garage – Steve has a place for all his tools and projects!
9. The lack of neighbors – no more waking up to voices outside our windows at all hours of the day and night.
10. Family – it’s been years since I’ve lived closer than an hour away from my family. My mom and grandma can see my kids grow up and the kids can get to know them in a way that doesn’t happen when you live so far away.
I can’t wait. I just wish I could blink my eyes and the house would be packed. Oh, how I hate packing!